The current Palau Blaugrana, opened on 23 October 1971 and designed by architects Francesc Cavaller and Josep Soteras, It was one of the most modern and attractive venues in Spain but it no longer meets requirements with regards to capacity, comfort, services and visibility.
- To comply with Euroleague regulations.
- To ensure better visibility for all spectators.
- To have a fully accessible facility.
- To improve catering and hospitality services.
- To improve functionality, comfort and enjoyment of the Palau.
- To improve medical care.
- To provide the best care and services to the media.