The project to transform the FC Barcelona facilities in the Les Corts district of Barcelona and the Estadi Johan Cruyff at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper is already becoming a reality. A project that unites sport and architecture, and which will be a space to be shared by members and for welcoming visitors 365 days of the year. The project includes the future Camp Nou, the construction of a new Palau Blaugrana, a Barça Campus that will involve redeveloping all the surrounding area and the construction of the Estadi Johan Cruyff at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper training centre, which is already operational.
The keys to Espai Barça
The transformation towards the future Camp Nou and the building of the new Palau Blaugrana, a Petit Palau, an Ice Rink and a coach park is accompanied by a redesign of the space top open up the facilities in the neighbourhood and city (exterior urban space) and a Campus Barça (interior urban space) which will have complementary buildings for the social and economic activity of the Club such as main offices, a hotel and external offices.
Some of the main benefits include:
- Increasing the value of the Club’s assets, recovering architectural excellence, and creating venues for a 21st century Barça.
- Making Camp Nou one of the best stadiums in the world.
- Fully accessible, spacious, open walkways to ensure better movement within the stadium.
- Transform the Campus into an open space, free of barriers and vehicles.
- Use of the facilities 365 days a year.
- Higher revenue for the Club thanks to more hospitality areas, food and beverage services, and new sponsorship opportunities.
- Improved conditions for our athletes.
- Opening up and reorganizing the campus to build a new Palau Blaugrana, provide more services for the Club and its members, and expand venues like the Museum and Barça Store.
- Improved safety and mobility on match days by separating pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Improved connection to the rest of the city thanks to the new Metro Line 9.
- Improved broadcasting to the rest of the world through ideal match-day conditions for the media.
- Achievement of maximum energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.
Espai Barça at a glance